Design is the art of thinking clearly, of seeing things as they are and not as we wish them to be. It’s about looking beyond the first impression and analyzing why we react to certain things in a certain way. It’s a constant evolution, a growth process and an exploration of what drives us.
Contemporary interior design has evolved, embracing new ideas and fresh perspectives on what it means to create spaces that inspire us and lift our spirits. Suppose you have recently moved into a new home or are planning to renovate your home with a fresh interior design.
In that case, you should consider adding houseplants in various places throughout this space. Interior design solutions always come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Décor your home with houseplants to give your home a final touch to beauty. The best houseplants can thrive your local climate into one that nobody can imagine.
Why Are Houseplants So Important?
Houseplants are great for your health and can be extremely beneficial for people suffering from allergies and asthma. These indoor plants are known to eliminate harmful toxins from indoor air, keeping your home clean and fresh.
Studies have shown that houseplants can effectively reduce carbon monoxide and other gases produced by burning fossil fuels. They also reduce indoor dust by 50-80% and significantly reduce the amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in your home. VOCs can cause respiratory problems and even headaches.
Houseplants are extremely helpful in making our homes look beautiful. They can be used in any room and any time of the year. You can also choose the type of plant-based on your preference. You can go for those that are pretty, those that are colorful, and even those that are fragrant.
What Should You Consider When Choosing Houseplants?
When selecting the best plants for your home, you should consider your budget and the amount of care and attention each plant requires. Next, you should consider the size of the plant and whether or not it will fit in your desired location.
For example, large tree-like plants like the fiddle-leaf fig would be a poor choice for a small office desk. Finally, it would be best if you considered how the plant would contribute to the aesthetic of your home. Is it colorful and vibrant? Does it emit a pleasant scent? Does it have ornamental foliage?
Best Houseplant Combinations for Decor
Now that you understand the importance of adding houseplants to your home, let’s talk about which would be great additions to your decor. Here are some of the best combinations for your home:
Best Indoor Plants to Add Color to Your Space
These plants are best for adding color to your space.
- Airplane Plant – Also known as the mother-in-law’s tongue, this plant has long, narrow leaves that resemble airplane wings.
- Dumb Cane – This tropical plant with striking red, yellow, and orange flowers bloom year-round indoors.
- Burro’s Tail – This is a unique plant with long, hairy stems resembling a donkey’s tail.
- Philodendron – This plant has thick, glossy leaves deep green with white undersides. There are many varieties of Philodendrons, such as Philodendron Xanadu, Blushing Philodendron, Philodendron Crassinervium, Green Heartleaf Philodendron, Philodendron Pink Princess, Philodendron Esmeraldense, Philodendron Gloriosum, Philodendron Lanciniatum, and Philodendron Prince Orange.
- Corn Plant – This plant has large green leaves with red veins. It has white flowers that grow on tall stems.
- Money Tree – This plant grows long, narrow, dark green leaves on top with silver undersides.
Best Indoor Plants That Purify the Air
These plants are best for purifying the air.
- Chinese Evergreen – This plant has thick, glossy leaves with dark green on top and silver on the undersides.
- English Ivy – This plant is an evergreen with dark green leaves and red flowers.
- Bamboo Palm – This plant has thick green fronds on top with a yellow underside.
- Spider Plant – This plant has small green leaves on long, thin stems. It also produces small white flowers.
- Golden Pathos – This plant has green leaves with yellow, orange, and red streaks.
Best Indoor Plants That Repair the Environment
These plants are best for repairing the environment.
- Cacti – These plants have spines and are native to arid regions. They can be placed in rocky pots or used as a decorative element in your home.
- Peace Lily – This plant has large, spiky leaves and produces small white flowers. There are also variegated varieties that produce attractive purple and white leaves.
If you are one of those people who love plants, then you like them anywhere. Houseplants are best for any room in your house. They add beauty, style, and natural fragrance to your home. Interior design has evolved, embracing new ideas and fresh perspectives on what it means to create spaces that inspire us and lift our spirits.